One Hundred-Sixteenth Meeting
Tuesday and Wednesday, May 22-23, 2012
Building 31, 6th Floor, C Wing, Conference Room 10
Day-of-the-Meeting Contact Phone: 301-402-8710
TUESDAY, MAY 22
3:00 to 5:00 p.m. – This portion of the meeting is closed to the Public
This portion of the meeting is closed to the public in accordance with the provisions set forth in section 552b(c)(6), Title 5 U.S. Code and Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act as amended (5 U.S.C. Appendix 2).
Review of Applications: Dr. Robin Barr
WEDNESDAY, MAY 23
8:00 to 8:45 a.m. - This portion of the meeting is open to the Public
Call to Order
Dr. Richard Hodes
- Director’s Status Report
Future Meeting Dates:
September 18-19, 2012 (Tue.-Wed.)
January 29-30, 2013 (Tue.-Wed.)
June 4-5, 2013 (Tue.-Wed.)
September 17-18, 2013 (Tue.-Wed.)
- Consideration of Minutes of Last Meeting
8:45 to 9:00 a.m.
Report: Task Force on Minority Aging Research
Dr. Eliseo Perez-Stable
9:00 to 9:10 a.m.
Report: Council of Councils
Dr. Terrie Wetle
9:10 to 10:10 a.m.
Report: Working Group on Program
Recommendations from Past Meetings
- CTAP Recommendations
- Forthcoming Meetings
- Epigenetics of Aging
- Role of Inflammation in Age-Related Disease
- FOA/RFA Concept Clearance
- “Secondary Analyses of CALERIE Data Set and Stored Biospecimens to Address Research Questions Related to Effects of Caloric Restriction in Humans and Adherence to Caloric Restriction Interventions (R01)”- Dr. Sergei V. Romashkan (DGCG)
- “Secondary Analyses of Comparative Effectiveness, Health Outcomes and Costs in Persons with Multiple Chronic Conditions”- Dr. Marcel Salive (DGCG)
- “Molecular Mechanisms of Circadian Clocks in Aging Tissues (R01)”- Dr. José M. Velázquez (DN)
- “Comparative Physiological Studies of Aging”- Drs. Mahadev Murthy & Nancy Nadon (DAB)
- Invertebrate Intervention Testing Program”- Dr. Felipe Sierra (DAB)
- “Secondary Analyses and Archiving of Social and Behavioral Datasets in Aging (R03)”- Dr. Partha Bhattacharyya (DBSR)
- “Collecting DNA from Longitudinal Aging Cohorts in Africa and Asia”- Dr. Jonathan King (DBSR)
- Advisory Workshops
10:10 to 10:50 a.m.
Consideration of Alzheimer’s Disease Summit Recommendations
10:50 to 11:00 a.m.
11:00 to 12:00 p.m.
- Program Highlights
11:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Program Highlights (DAB):
Dr. Felipe Sierra
“Unraveling the Complexity of Thymic Biology and Atrophy through Global Analysis of Lymphoid and Stromal Gene Profiling”, Dr. Howard T. Petrie, Professor of Cancer Biology, The Scripps Research Institute
11:30 to 12:00 p.m.
Program Highlights (DN):
Dr. Stephen Snyder
“Take a Walk: Developing Healthy Brains and Minds”, Dr. Arthur Kramer, Director, Beckman Institute University of Illinois
12:00 to 12:15 p.m.
12:15 to 12:45 p.m.
Working Lunch: Program Highlights (DGCG):
Dr. Evan Hadley
“Progress Toward a Clinical Definition of Sarcopenia”, Dr. Stephanie Studenski, Professor of Medicine, Director of Research, University of Pittsburgh
12:45 to 1:15 p.m.
Working Lunch: Program Highlights (DBSR):
Dr. Richard Suzman
“Regional Variation in the Association between Advance Directives and End-of-Life Expenditures”, Dr. Lauren Nicholas, Research Investigator, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan